The Surseat flare lapping tool allows you to lap-in flared tubing to eliminate leaks in fuel and brake line joints. This innovative new tool removes irregularities in the flare and hones it to a perfect angle to enable the tube to seat with the fitting. The Surseat will not only perfect your newly-flared stainless steel, aluminum or copper lines, it can also repair the seal with the fitting of an existing brake or fuel line. It is based on the tried and true practice of lapping engine valves. A diamond dust coated lapping head with a precision 37° or 45° angle literally polishes the flare smooth to perfection. The Surseat is a valuable asset for car builders, automotive repair facilities, and hobbyists.
Surseat Flare Lapping Tool Details
- The Surseat P-51 comes with collets for 3/16" to 1/2" tubing.
- Includes threaded collets for 3/16" and 1/4" brake lines.
- Interchangeable 37° and 45° lapping heads are installed onto the shaft with set screws.
- The set screws and wrench are included in the kit.
- Includes a custom case for safe storage.
- The Surseat P-45 is used for 3/16" & 1/4" steel brake lines with a 45° double flare.
- Includes threaded collets to screw the fitting into.
- The collet and tube are secured into the P-45 with a lock spring.
- The Surseat P-37 is used for 3/16" & 1/4" stainless steel brake lines with a 37° flare.
- Includes collets to clamp the tube.
- The collet and tube are secured into the P-37 with a lock spring.
Using the Surseat P-51