The Surseat flare lapping tool allows you to lap-in flared tubing to eliminate leaks in fuel and brake line joints. This innovative new tool removes irregularities in the flare and hones it to a perfect angle to enable the tube to seat with the fitting. The Surseat will not only perfect your newly-flared stainless steel, aluminum or copper lines, it can also repair the seal with the fitting of an existing brake or fuel line. It is based on the tried and true practice of lapping engine valves. A diamond dust coated lapping head with a precision 37° or 45° angle literally polishes the flare smooth to perfection. The Surseat is a valuable asset for car builders, automotive repair facilities, and hobbyists.
- The Surseat P-51B comes with collets for 3/16" to 1/2" tubing.
- Includes imperial threaded collets for 7/16" x 24 and 3/8" x 24 sizes.
- Includes metric threaded collets for M10-1, M10-1.25, and M12-1 sizes.
- Interchangeable 37° and 45° lapping heads snap on to the shaft.
- Includes a custom case for safe storage.
- The Surseat P-45 is used for 3/16" & 1/4" brake lines with a 45° flare.
- Includes 3/8" x 24 and 7/16" x 24 collets to screw the fitting into.
- The collet and tube are secured into the P-45 with a lock spring.
- The Surseat P-37 is used for 3/16" & 1/4" brake lines with a 37° flare.
- Includes collets to clamp the tube.
- The collet and tube are secured into the P-37 with a lock spring.